Jan 2012 - Present Original Productions Burbank, CA
- Bering Sea Gold (Season 2): Jul. 2012 - Present (Discovery)
- Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice (Season 1): Jun, 2012 - Jul. 2012 (Discovery)
- Deadliest Catch (Season 8): Jan. 2012 - May 2012 (Discovery)
Jan 2012 Pilgrim Studios North Hollywood, CA
- Wicked Tuna (Season 1): Jan. 2012 (National Geographic)
Dec 2011– Jan 2012 Gurney Productions Los Angeles, CA
- Duck Dynasty (Season 1): Jan. 2012 (A&E)
- Ragin’ Cajuns (Season 1): Dec. 2011 - Jan. 2012 (Discovery)
Jan 2010 – Dec 2011 Original Productions Burbank, CA
Additional Editor/Junior Editor: Involved editing rough cuts of scenes, footage searches, string-outs of scripts & outlines, and addressing notes.
- Bering Sea Gold (Season 1): Aug. - Dec. 2011 (Discovery) - Editor
- Deadliest Catch (Season 7): Nov 2010 - July 2011 (Discovery) - Editor/Additional Editor
- Black Gold (Season 3): July - Oct 2010 (truTV) - Junior Editor
- Deadliest Catch (Season 6): Jan - July 2010 (Discovery) - Additional Editor
Sep 2009 – Jan 2010 Electric Kinney Films Santa Monica, CA
Second Assistant Editor
Avid Media Composer 4 assistant on Davis Guggenheim’s Sundance Audience Award winning feature documentary, Waiting for Superman. Involved media management on FibreJet, capturing/importing multiple resolutions and footage file formats, audio sequence clean-up, Keynote animation creation, After Effects and Avid Script Sync work.
Aug – Sep 2009 Hoegl/Singer West Los Angeles, CA
Avid Symphony, Meridian (11.2.7), and Media Composer (2.8.4) Offline and Online work on TV Land’s First Love, Second Chance. Involved titling, online digitizing/uprezzing, Avid Unity management, editor support, outputs, creation of graphics timing charts and still image StageTools MovingPicture work.
Sep 2003 – Aug 2009 Actuality Productions, Inc. Woodland Hills, CA
Credited in syndicated programming as well as shows produced for The History Channel, A&E, National Geographic, The Discovery Channel, and Lifetime. (link to complete credit list while at Actuality)
Editor (2008 – 2009): Modern Marvels (History)
Lead Assistant Editor (2007 – 2009): Managed other assistant editors and lead preparatory work of shows pre-offline, during offline, pre-online, during online, and through delivery.
Assistant Editor (2005 – 2007): On Avid Adrenaline 2.8.4: captured, imported media, and placed in final footage, images, text & animation. Troubleshot any Avid software & related hardware issues. Additionally, addressed any fixes past offline & pre-online fix day. Also shot motion control.
Assistant Post Coordinator (2004 – 2005): Coordinated elements of shows moving between outside vendors (composer, sound mix, online, captioning, animation, etc.).
Post Assistant (2003 – 2004): Dubbed tapes between multiple formats, kept track of editors’ work schedules, prepared and handled delivery of shows to network.
Jan – Sep 2003 HBO/LivePlanet/Miramax West Hollywood, CA
Reviewed footage from HBO’s Project Greenlight 2, and took detailed notes of every aspect. Other tasks included tape duplications, labeling & filing tapes, assisting editors and writers, rights & clearances, as well as supervisory and administrative functions.
Sep – Dec 2002 MTV Burbank, CA
Reviewed footage tapes from MTV’s Fraternity Life: Season One and noted all aspects of the footage. Highlighted parts that were interesting or important to the story in order to assist the story department and ultimately the editors. Additionally, logged footage from MTV’s Sorority Life: Season Two.
Jun – Jul 2002 Kick The Can Productions Chicago, IL
Art Department Intern/Set Dresser
Worked on the feature film Uncle Nino in dressing sets, props, gaining clearance for usage of corporate logos and people likenesses, and swing gang.
1997 – 2002 Blockbuster Video, Inc. Northbrook, IL
Assistant Store Manager
Used extensive knowledge of films to speak with customers about many different aspects of movies. Job also involved training employees, customer service, selling, stocking merchandise, and cashiering.
Jul – Dec 2001 Bunim/Murray Productions Chicago, IL
Internship on MTV’s The Real World XI: Chicago. Duties included: lighting (Kino & on-set), on-set video feed monitoring, getting clearance to film individuals and locations, equipment transportation, footage tape logging, mini-DV shooting, and food services.
Jun – Aug 2000 Avenue Edit Chicago, IL
Performed Client Services. Involved in post sessions of commercials, features, music videos, TV pilots and other projects for clients such as Coors, Oldsmobile, Marlboro, and Verizon. Made video dubs for client approval or broadcast, approved closed-captioning, and assisted in AVID editing sessions.
- Scheisshaus Luck (Aug-Oct 2008 – Los Angeles, CA): Editor of 24 video interviews from the novel.
- ABC Television (Jan 2003 – Chicago, IL): Production Assistant on casting of Are You Hot.
- Eco-Challenge (Dec 2002 – Santa Monica, CA): Production Assistant on wrapping Fiji season.
- Voodoo Films (Aug 2002 – Chicago, IL): Art Department Production Assistant on commercial shoot.
- MTV (Aug 2002 – Chicago, IL): Production Assistant on MTV2’s 2 Dollar Bill: Coldplay concert.
- Bunim/Murray Productions (Jan 2002 – Chicago, IL): Casting Assistant on Real World XII: Las Vegas.
- Adrenaline TV (Aug 2001 – Northbrook, IL): Intern on the high-intensity sports series Adrenaline TV.
2001 The University of Iowa Iowa City, IA
B.A. Computer Science & Communication Studies: film/video production and studies
Iowa Film Club (1999 – 2001): President (2000 – 2001). Stimulated greater attendance, planned film screenings, and headed advertising.
Student Video Production Club (1997 – 1999): Produced several locally broadcast episodes and short video segments for a half-hour show modeled on The David Letterman Show.
Industry Experience Roster (2007 – Present): Eligible to join The Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE Local 700.
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (2007 – Present): National Associate Member, Television Motion Picture Editors.
Independent Feature Project (2002 – 2003): member.